Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Congregations in Trinidad and Pohnpei

Trinidad

Today a new branch was organized in Trinidad in the city of Port Fortin. A group was organized six months ago. There were almost 30 members and investigators in attendance at this historic event. This is the first branch to be created in the southern part of the country. I believe this is the 11th congregation on Trinidad. Still no word on when a stake will be created for the island.

Pohnpei

A new branch was recently created on the island. A group was also created in Nett which I believe is on Kosrae. Both of these islands are part of the Micronesia Guam Mission.

3 comments:

Susi said...

Matt, my husband and I are taking a short trip to Korea in a little bit. I was wondering if there is an international branch there that I could get together with someone for sightseeing while my husband is working. Do you know of any options?

Matt said...

Hi Susi,

Yes, there is an English speaking branch in Seoul and the Church actually has a website for it which is

https://secure.lds.org/units/home/0,9781,600-1-7-428698,00.html?

I would just ask some of the members there at the branch if they have any ideas for someone who can take you sightseeing. There are typically around 100 or so people that attend a week from the last I heard.

Taylor said...

Actually, Nett is a municipality on the island of Pohnpei, not Kosrae. Both Kosrae and Pohnpei are islands in the Federated States of Micronesia. It's a great branch though!